The Tryon Palace site is a faithful reconstruction of the late-Colonial period Governor’s Palace built by William Tryon. The original Palace, kitchen, stables and other out-buildings were completed in 1770. In 1798 the Palace was destroyed by fire and most of the other buildings were razed in the early 19th century with the exception of the stable building which is the only original building on the palace grounds. Other homes and buildings outside of the palace grounds make up the remainder of the site which includes over twenty buildings and structures. A number of these structures date from the late 18th and early 19th centuries. Sigma’s engineers performed a high-level review of all the existing fire alarm systems on the site. The assessment presented a review of the existing fire alarm systems installations, and made recommendations as to upgrades that should be made to insure that the campus and its various structures have thoroughly updated detection systems.
Our engineers then designed the replacement of fire alarm systems for Main Palace Building (Base Bid), Kitchen Office (Base Bid), Stable Office (Base Bid), Dixon House (Bid Alternate), and Stanly House (Bid Alternate).